Thursday, March 5, 2009

my pansies








Jason left on Tuesday and I tried to plant the pansies. As I planted one box, carefully selecting a narrow hole for each plant to reside, solitude got the best of me and I began to cry. So I thought it best to go ahead and put the shovel down.

However today is a new day and after Kimberly made me watch this, I decided I was fully capable of planting the pansies and perhaps even the Ranunculus. I planted each and everyone of them while the smell of spray paint drifted in the air from a shed nearby and while Nina Simone's jazz notes swirled around every petal. I placed a clean table cloth on the coffee table, sacrificed my recycling tin bucket to the leftover pansies, and generated a thirst for fresh mojitos and cereal with blueberries.

1 comment: