Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday: Design {Boudoir & Closet}


I find that when I dream about my boudoir I, romanticism takes over my brain. It's as if I'm Madame Bovary and I desire violet cotton handkerchiefs, soft pink silks that look like ballet slippers, breezy lace curtains, wooden hand-painted fans, bolts of red toille, glamorous glass bottles of flowery perfumes, grandiose mirrors with gold leaf frames, and delicate gloves with buttons on the side. What is it about romantic items like these that make a gal's heart flutter? Is it the care we imagine we will take to dress ourselves in a boudoir? It is that we imagine we will emerge flawless and more elegant? Will picking out clothing be easier? Or will we continue, in the rush of the morning, find our clothes on the closet floor or hastily slug on wooden hangers? Will our shoes be gleaming on the organized shelves? Or scattered across the carpet with dirt stuck to the stiletto heels?

12 comments:

  1. That candy pink & gold combination is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to wear a fur coat while I freshen up my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! good to know you! and i love your blog, i'm going to link you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shoe closet is dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the giant tufted mirror! These pictures are very glam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a pair of vintage lamps, very similar to those, but with slightly different pink ruffled shades.

    They were originally my mom's, when she was growing up. Then, when Grandma sold the old house, I got the lamps, and my dad re-wired them to bring them up to code.

    Now, they're on my dresser, in my old room at my parents' house.

    If I had room in my apartment for a proper boudoir, those lamps would definitely grace it!

    ReplyDelete