Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Someday when I have this home...







If you know me you know already that this home is my dream home. "I hope you are prepared to have a house with poles and shutters," Mama says to my husband. It is true. I am a sucker for white homes with shutters and poles (the poles are necessary of course for the expansive front porch.) However I think for the home to be utter perfection, the shutters need be dark green.
It is a certain country elegance that makes me gasp. When I see homes like this I become a sort of Madame Bovary. I immediately begin to imagine the drapes, the silver, the solid wooden counters in the kitchen. I see myself in lovely equestrian garb serving sweet tea to my friends who are as equally as happy as I that this home exists. Frankly, I get a bit romantic when I think of my perfect home.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! More beautiful design for me to dream about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The necklace has a rhinestone as well as the Eiffel Tower. I'll take a close-up pic sometime :)

    I have a mostly modern aesthetic when it comes to interior design, but I'm loving this romantic, country house too! That plant by the bathtub is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I, too, am awaiting peach season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the feelings you get towards a house :) it's pure love! i feel the same, someday we'll be mastering a great house and beautiful garden, but now it's our apartment project that makes me feel so happy!

    have a lovely day
    tiina
    http://elcestockholm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete