Thursday, July 8, 2010


As a 25 year old it is that time in my life when I need a direction, a way to focus all of my talents and energies. Both a blessing and a curse, God gave me a desire to be talented at a lot of things. I've taken and taught dance lessons of all forms (tap, jazz, ballet, modern, hip hop, and drill team.) I'm a jazz singer, an actress, and a burlesque dancer. I am now a florist with my own business. I have a French major from the University of San Diego, and I am one semester away from a degree in theatre from St. Edward's University. I've taken graphic design, photography, and fashion design. I've been a costume designer, a 1940's-50's pinup model, as well as a seamstress. On top of all of this I am in love with all things literate - reading, writing, analyzing. I strive to be a perfect housewife, hostess, cook, baker, and crafter. While I am proud of myself -and while I recognize it is a beautiful thing to have the drive to do all of these things- being a perfectionist makes life somewhat exhausting. That doesn't mean I plan on giving up my perfectionist ways, as that would be neither productive nor possible. So how does a gal like me turn these passions into careers, or into one successful machine that will enable me to love what I do for the rest of my life? It is blatantly apparent to me that I need to do several things a day, done in an organized but enjoyable fashion. So I am reshaping this blog to be the medium with which I intend to romanticize my tasks ahead. I figure this way I will be able to see what I will have accomplished no matter the outcome of my year's efforts. So the purpose of this blog for a year will be to keep me focused. I owe it to myself to be able to write, post, elaborate on what I have accomplished in a day. It's not a matter of showing off; it's a matter of showing myself the accomplishments of which I am capable. In this pursuit I will not only work off of my extensive to-do list, but will refer to Martha Stewart, Real Simple, and Sarah Ban Breathnach (author of, "Simple Abundance,") as well as my favorite blogs for guidance.
My Career Goals:
1. Open up a shop for Gardenia; become a go-to florist in Austin, known for elegant floral design.

2. Succeed as a performer. Get on that stage and be on it regularly! That means in the realm of jazz and burlesque. Really define myself as a performer so that I have an audience.

3. Write an entry for my book daily. This will put me that much closer to finding a publisher.

My Mental/Life/Soul Goals:

1. Slowly let the guard down that I've subconsciously put up in this past year and half. Being a perfectionist doesn't mean I can't let people in.

2. Continue to have a beautiful and happy marriage, family, and home. That requires taking better care of myself, my husband, my family, my friends, my puppy, and my abode. Time to romanticize everything!

2 comments:

  1. It's about doing one great thing a day. Take things a day at a time, but feel satisfied.

    ReplyDelete