Friday, November 12, 2010

Gardenia looks lovely!

I'd venture so far as to say that I accomplished a lot yesterday and hopefully the results will prove me correct. I've decided to give my Gardenia blog a makeover, to approach it in a different way. I felt it was time I put my graphic design skills to use as well as the numerous images I have stored in my scrapbooks and tumblr. Being the social Mrs. that I am, I love parties and events. It's more than just the socializing itself, but the details that go into parties and weddings, that make an event truly special. Given than I'm a bit of a Mrs. Perfection, the little niceties are something I happen to be in love with.  

That said, I've teamed up with Erica Kuschel of Over Yonderlust, to make Gardenia a collective website for inspiration. Considering she is a photographer and I am a florist, between the two of us there is a lot of inspiration floating around our heads. Gardenia will hopefully prove to be a platform not only for our own work, but also for the works of those artists and planners that we admire. Enjoy! 

Gardenia - Daily Wedding and Event Inspiration 

 With all of that out of the way, I have to pay attention to the details of this office. I've always been a fan of stark, or serious, colors with elegant hardware. The black desk and bureau give just enough austerity to a room that is otherwise light and airy. And the pineapple lamp? yes please! Since my old 1950s desk fell to pieces, my husband and I have been on a hunt for a desk we both love. Unfortunately the confines of an apartment make finding a grandiose desk that will fit into our space very difficult. We eventually settled for a desk that we like but do not love, making a promise to each other that someday when we have a house, we will buy the desk of our dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment