Thursday, May 5, 2011

{My Homekeeping Past Time}

It's been a bit of an organization week around here. I've taken
the week void of burlesque meetings as an opportunity to get my
home ready for late spring, early summer life. One of my favorite
things in life is having a beautiful home and tending to it. Life 
has been so utterly busy lately with shows, classes to teach, 
meetings, travel, and so on that my home has fallen through the
cracks. I've also picked up more writing opportunities which
happily coincides very well with my homekeeping past time.
After all, a closet perfectly organized is marvelously satisfying.
Part of my love for home keeping comes partly from my love
of aesthetics and partly from my adoration of organization. 

A petite breakdown:

Aesthetically Pleasing Desk
-  The vintage milk glass lamp
- The cream box filled with inspirational tokens;
glitter, stationary, silver bows, and labels.
- The golden monogram paper weight
- The antique tall china cup used to corral pens 
- Gold and peach candles slowly burning

An organized desk
- Mail and documents corraled
- Paper neatly stacked in a tweed box
- Slots for:
1. stationary
2. post-its
3. Checkbooks, envelopes, paperclips
4. Daily Cleaning To Do List posted to easy viewing
5. Periwinkle boxes filled with rhinestones, glue, past
show fliers, important business cards. 

What are your favorite ways to organize your desk?  

A Showgirl's Checklist for Daily Cleaning

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous images, I love having a good tidy I am an organised freak hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love an orderly desk and a brilliant secretary!
    Your blog has been added to my list....it is divine.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you..... .!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.Thankyou i really love it.......

    ReplyDelete