Thursday, August 25, 2011

{Blending elegant Dior with savage & wild nuances}

I've been diligently working on my next costume, creating layer
after layer. I've been particularly daring this time, choosing 
colors, patterns, and textures that are not normally found in 
burlesque costumes. It's been a joy to dive into glittered leopard
suede, periwinkle blue soft lace, and plush gold satin. My kitchen
table has become a sort of collage of champagne & orange threads,
crystal rhinestones, leopard accents, vintage gloves, and an array
of snaps and buttons. This costume pays homage to exotica of the 50s,
blending elegant Dior with savage & wild nuances. I'm exploring
what it means to be both ferociously captivating and endearing. 
In essence, this costume needs to evoke a certain allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment