Skip to main content

{after arriving in Chicago}

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/97038566944711787/


Since leaving Austin, my life has been the greatest whirlwind & although exhausted, there is something I love about showgirl insanity. Friday I performed in Austin, dashed afterward to eat with the girls, rushed (sans sleep) to the airport, where I applied all the necessary warmth layers for Chicago --- chevron hose, a loose dress, a wool sweater, and my Godmother's fur coat.



...and after arriving, it's been trains (luckily embarked with the help of kind strangers,) brunch with precious, dear old friends {roasted cauliflower & pimento omlette with cornbread and cocktails} // next an adventure to an old apartment where I could see the beautiful snow flakes and blankets of snow on the streets below. Next, spiritual happiness after playing in the snow and attending mass at a beautifully gilded old church.

I hope your week is blessed and graceful, and for those of you who live in snow covered places --- remember to enjoy it! xo, Jolie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{5 Ways to Add Old Hollywood Glamour to Your Home}

{Images from: 1. Traditional Home 2. Patrick}
Five Ways to Add Old Hollywood Glamour To Your Home:
1. Mix metals - Whoever said metals shouldn't be mixed hasn't glimpsed at the magic that happens when a room is filled with gold and silver details accompanied by mirrors and crystal. The result is a beautifully opulent room!

2. A fur (or faux fur) throw - Tossed about on a chair or couch, this room accessory makes any snuggling instantly more glamorous.  (This luxury can also be in the form of a pillow or rug.)

3.  Color Pallette - The go-to-never-fail feminine color pallette tends to be camel, ivory, and soft pink. I'm a fan of also adding small bits of blue here and there (it adds depth.)

4. Art deco lines + Plush furniture - Balance out more comfy couches and chairs with sleek, art deco pieces like tables, bar carts, coffee tables, mirrors, etc.

5. Have a bar set with alcohol, crystal glasses, and an ice bucket - What ALWAYS happens in every hold Hollywood movie? A cock…

Tuesday: Design {Boudoir & Closet}

I find that when I dream about my boudoir I, romanticism takes over my brain. It's as if I'm Madame Bovary and I desire violet cotton handkerchiefs, soft pink silks that look like ballet slippers, breezy lace curtains, wooden hand-painted fans, bolts of red toille, glamorous glass bottles of flowery perfumes, grandiose mirrors with gold leaf frames, and delicate gloves with buttons on the side. What is it about romantic items like these that make a gal's heart flutter? Is it the care we imagine we will take to dress ourselves in a boudoir? It is that we imagine we will emerge flawless and more elegant? Will picking out clothing be easier? Or will we continue, in the rush of the morning, find our clothes on the closet floor or hastily slug on wooden hangers? Will our shoes be gleaming on the organized shelves? Or scattered across the carpet with dirt stuck to the stiletto heels?

Hollywood Inspiration: "Les Girls"

Sometimes a gal has to dream, especially a showgirl! As annoying as I find sick days to be, I love turning them into homework days - or rather days I spend watching Hollywood films I've never seen before. I love using these to find new songs and new inspiration!



Today I watched "Les Girls," a completely silly movie of course, but inspirational none-the-less! Sick days are made even better when I find movies that contain little burlesque moments. I highly suggest watching this movie, or this scene at the very least.



What are your favorite hollywood films? Hope you are all well! xo, Jolie