Skip to main content

{Autumn Playlist} Great tunes for the new season!


As the daughter of an old Austin DJ (Joe Gracey) I can't help but desire to match music to my life. Why not have a soundtrack to my daily activities? While the days slowly & gradually cool with the changing season, "the days grow short when you reach September...and the autumn weather turns leave to flame" --- I love listening to songs about falling leaves, cups of coffee, autumn weather, and the like. Assuming you too would like to have a playlist by which to enjoy your pumpkin spiced coffee and apple butter, I'm sharing my playlist with you!


Note ///* I will always and forever encourage you to actually buy the music you listen to. I do understand however that times are changing and spotify &; grooveshark are great ways to discover new music (no matter how much I may resist.) With that understanding, if you find yourself loving these tunes and playing them often, please please my darling, purchase them. I am therefore including the buy link for each song on iTunes (as well as my Spotify Playlist.)


{'Tis Autumn : Jolie Goodnight's Favorite Autumn Tunes}

1. September Song - Willie Nelson
2. Black Coffee - Peggy Lee
3. 'Tis Autumn - Stacy Kent
4. Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree - Andrews Sisters
5. Autumn in New York - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
6. September in the Rain - Frank Sinatra
7. Autumn Leaves - Edith Piaf
8. The Little Red Fox - Glenn Miller Orchestra & The Andrews Sisters
9. Autumn/First Snow - Frank Churchill, Ed Plumb, Larry Morey
10. This October - Julie London
11. September in the Rain - Dinah Washington
12. I Still Miss Someone - Johnny Cash
13. Autumn Serenade - John Coltrane
14. One September Day - Nina Simone
15. Maybe September - Tony Bennett
16. The September of My Years - Frank Sinatra
17. You're the Cream in my Coffee - Seth MacFarlane
18. Great Pumpkin Waltz - Vince Guaraldi
19. Lullaby of the Leaves - Ella Fitzgerald
20. Keeps on Rainin' - Billie Holiday
21. Stealin' Apples - Benny Goodman
22. October Mood - The Skyrockets (with Beryl Davis)
23. Tommy Dorsey - Autumn Program Intro
24. Swingin' in November - Benny Carter
25. Something for October - Benny Carter
26. November Twilight - Julie London
27. Falling Leaves - Glenn Miller
28. Shoo Fly Pie & Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton (with June Christy)
29. You've Changed - Jolie Goodnight
------------


 Enjoy! xo, Jolie Goodnight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{5 Ways to Add Old Hollywood Glamour to Your Home}

{Images from: 1. Traditional Home 2. Patrick}
Five Ways to Add Old Hollywood Glamour To Your Home:
1. Mix metals - Whoever said metals shouldn't be mixed hasn't glimpsed at the magic that happens when a room is filled with gold and silver details accompanied by mirrors and crystal. The result is a beautifully opulent room!

2. A fur (or faux fur) throw - Tossed about on a chair or couch, this room accessory makes any snuggling instantly more glamorous.  (This luxury can also be in the form of a pillow or rug.)

3.  Color Pallette - The go-to-never-fail feminine color pallette tends to be camel, ivory, and soft pink. I'm a fan of also adding small bits of blue here and there (it adds depth.)

4. Art deco lines + Plush furniture - Balance out more comfy couches and chairs with sleek, art deco pieces like tables, bar carts, coffee tables, mirrors, etc.

5. Have a bar set with alcohol, crystal glasses, and an ice bucket - What ALWAYS happens in every hold Hollywood movie? A cock…

4th of July Menus in the 1950s

Each time I travel to Europe I am instantly aware of the cultural nuances that differ between parts of each country. Eastern Southern France is in many many ways very different from Western Northern France. Some old languages even remain and without a doubt food customs are still widely kept alive. A cassoulet in France differs from town to town and each town takes massive pride in their own "essential" cassoulet.

I become then, keenly aware of the fact that the United States is the same way, though not often recognized. While we typically think of the US as serving hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled corn, etc on the 4th of July, there is no doubt in my mind that the East Coast will have some customary Independence day foods that won't likely hit the plate in the Southwest. And as another example, Texas is more likely to find brisket on the 4th of July table than say, Boston (I suppose?)



I think the same could be noted then, not just regionally, but also yearly. The things we…

Tuesday: Design {Boudoir & Closet}

I find that when I dream about my boudoir I, romanticism takes over my brain. It's as if I'm Madame Bovary and I desire violet cotton handkerchiefs, soft pink silks that look like ballet slippers, breezy lace curtains, wooden hand-painted fans, bolts of red toille, glamorous glass bottles of flowery perfumes, grandiose mirrors with gold leaf frames, and delicate gloves with buttons on the side. What is it about romantic items like these that make a gal's heart flutter? Is it the care we imagine we will take to dress ourselves in a boudoir? It is that we imagine we will emerge flawless and more elegant? Will picking out clothing be easier? Or will we continue, in the rush of the morning, find our clothes on the closet floor or hastily slug on wooden hangers? Will our shoes be gleaming on the organized shelves? Or scattered across the carpet with dirt stuck to the stiletto heels?