Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My recipe: Brown-butter peaches, Crème Fraîche, and Blueberries

When the weather warms I always look forward to the bountiful summer produce. Last week I woke up wanting to use peaches and blueberries so I made up this recipe for a little elegant breakfast. And made it again for dessert. And I made it once more for the Jigglewatts when they were here at the lake house, receiving lots of happy "mmm's" and "ooo's." So I feel very excited and confident now to share my made-up summer fruit recipe with you today.

Brown-butter peaches, Crème Fraîche, and Blueberries:
6 sliced peaches
a large package of blueberries
14oz Crème Fraîche
vanilla
butter
sugar

On medium heat, brown 2 tablespoons of butter. Add peaches to butter followed with a light sprinkling of sugar and stir often.
While the peaches cook, whip 2 Tablespoons (or more to taste) of vanilla and one teaspoon of sugar with Crème Fraîche.  
Once the peaches have completely softened, spoon the peaches and juices from the pan into a small bowl. Top with Crème Fraîche
and blueberries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment