Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Stripes


Summer is here! And though the rainy weather seems to be dominant, that hasn't stopped the heat from arriving in waves. Once the warmth, the cicadas, and So You Think You Can Dance make their summer appearance I know its time to change the linens, store my winter coats, and fill the entry way with sunglasses and citronella.

I'm finding myself gravitating not only to the usual corals and nautical trimmings of the season, but also to a certain kind of boho blue & white trend. I'm falling in love with textiles that come from Mexico and Peru, but also Greece and Morocco. Something about blue and white creates a calming and cooling effect, as if they are suggesting "you don't mind the heat so much, it's actually quite elegant."

I can't wait to add these touches into my home today! Stay cool everyone -- xo, Jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment